June 2-4 2006
The Northwest's premier conference for convention planners by convention planners.
Cascade Mountain Inn
906 E. 1st St.
Cle Elum, WA 98922
Ph: (509) 674-2380 Fax: (509) 674-7099
Sponsored by SWOC
The Northwest's premier conference for
convention planners by convention planners.
ConComCon, or C-Cubed, is the Pacific Northwest’s annual convention-runners convention. C-Cubed is a “floating” convention much like Westercon and Worldcon. Any region of the Pacific Northwest may bid to host next year’s C-Cubed. We will select the location for next year’s C-Cubed by the end of this year’s convention.
Now entering its thirteenth year, ConComCon is the best place in the Pacific Northwest to network with other local convention runners, exchange ideas on how to make conventions run more effectively, and talk about fandom in general. Whether you have been running conventions for years, or you are completely new to convention running and you want to get your foot in the door, come on down and join us!
Topic: The Sharing of Information
Special Topic: We will be delving into the world of working with Multiple Facilities and Convention Centers.
For more information contact the ConComCon Chair:
$25.00 until May 31, 2006
$35.00 at the door
City / ST / Zip:_________________________________________________________
Mail your memberships to:
PO Box 1066
Seattle, WA 98111
- The SWOC Board of Directors Election Meeting will be held at C-Cubed
Guest Room Reservation & Confirmation Method
Room reservations can made directly with the hotel by calling Ph: (509) 674-2380.
Please let them know you are with ConComCon/C-cubed and make the reservations as soon as possible .
Topics we are working on at this time:
- Negotiating contracts with Multiple Facilities and/or Conference Centers
- Convention Budgeting and Budget evaluations - Budgets from various con's will be distributed.
- Communications - Chat, E-mail, meetings, group get together's, telephones - Pro's Cons and Lessons Learned
- Time Lines and To Do lists
- The View from the top down - What is an effective Chairman's role?
- Volunteers, getting them, tracking them, rewarding them - the mechanics of the Volunteer office
- Info Desk - the hub of your communications - or a waste of a good table?
- How much programming is too much?
Do you have a topic to suggest? - Send an e-mail to: Programming
PS. Are you thinking about Convention Horror Stories for Saturday Night.
Maybe it's just an odd thing that happened. Though it wasn't a convention
related, the tool I needed recently to trouble shoot the hum on my phone
land line was, yes, you guest it: bolt cutters.
Registration will be in Hospitality
Convention Horror Stories around the Hot Tub will also be in hospitality but be warned this is a SMALL hot-tub so you will probably not get in ;-)
Sat eve 10:30pm to midnight (ish)
C-Cubed is sponsored by Seattle Westercon Organizing Committee (SWOC), the parent organization of the Seattle
in 2005 North American Science Fiction Convention now officially known as Cascadia Con.